GCC 13.2 as shared library?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
SamuraiCrow
SamuraiCrow's picture
GCC 13.2 as shared library?

As maintainer of EEC (a fork of ECX, the E compiler for next-gen Amiga systems) I thought it might be handy for compiler developers to be able to use a GCC 13.2 shared library based on the LibGCCJIT frontend stub. My intention would be maintaining the library independently of the parser of EEC so that cross compilation would be modular. Present backends for EEC are all intertwined in a big mess of interdependent code that generates substandard quality.

As background information, the LibGCCJIT frontend is designed to be used as a shared library or shared object. It is not limited to JIT compilation, it can make executable code files as well, depending on the runtime code it is linked against.

Does anybody else need this?

msteed
msteed's picture
Re: GCC 13.2 as shared library?

I can't say that I need it; in fact I'd never even heard of it until this post. But in general the more of this sort of tool that's available the better, so if someone does need it at some point, it's there and ready to be used.

TSK
TSK's picture

It would be interesting to compile code in memory (and not disk based files only). But I don't want to poison my code with Gnu license.

SamuraiCrow
SamuraiCrow's picture

The linkage exception of GCC would likely apply here but IANAL.